Thursday, June 30, 2011

Road Trip!

Sunday, June 26, my family and I drove from our old house in Jacksonville straight through to our new house in Wildwood.  The movers were due to show up Monday morning at 7:30, so we had to drive all 16 hours in one day.
The morning started with an amazing surprise while I was still half asleep.  My mom woke me up and had me go outside with her under the claim that we were getting the dog bowls from the U-Haul.  When I walked out into the cool morning air, 5 amazing people (K. Gray, Ems, Erin, Amber, and Rett) popped out from behind the trailer holding homemade cards and yummy red velvet cookies.  It was the best and most thoughtful surprise I could have ever wished for, and the perfect start to a very long day, even if I had to get up at 5 in the morning to receive it!  The homemade cards were the sweetest things, and they were so encouraging to pull out and read throughout the drive.
Rett's cardK. Gray's card

Amber's card
Emily's card
Erin's card

And Rett's red velvet cookies with sprinkles on top were delicious- he has a hidden domestic talent behind that sarcastic, serious shell! :)

And thank you too to Sara B. for the sweet, thoughtful "when you're feeling blue" kit and the cute stationery!

I have the best friends in the world- I'm not sure I'd be able to pull an all-nighter like they did!



Our last view of downtown Jacksonville


After everyone else got up, the dogs were walked and fed, and the suitcases were loaded up, we were ready to hit the road.  Our first stop was McDonald's- something we never do- for some Egg McMuffins and Breakfast Sandwiches.

After many stops for the dogs and lots and lots of driving, 
we finally saw the view of our new downtown- St. Louis- as we headed for our new home.
A farm near a gas station we stopped at in Illinois-
you can tell we're in the Midwest now!
Clover- another Midwestern thing!

A very blurry Welcome to Missouri sign


First views of the Arch!

Busch Stadium

The Anheuser- Busch Eagle sign- always a landmark
on the side of the highway exiting downtown! 
Welcome to St. Louis!
 All very blurry, but that's what happens when you take pictures on a not-so-great digital camera while going 70 mph on the highway! :) 

We finally arrived at 1406 Ridgetree Trails Drive at 12:30 in the morning, all very tired and thankful to get out of the car!
My new room (complete with the air mattress
I got to sleep on for the first two nights!)

Another view of the room


Finally- my own bathroom!
Closet!

Ben's room- somehow he ended up with the bigger room (under the
claims that it was painted like a guy's room, so he should have it) :)


Ben again
Ben has his own bathroom too now

Guest room

Upstairs hallway

Upstairs hallway

Master bedroom

Master bedroom

Confusing staircase- you can choose your side!
I was too tired to go back downstairs and take pictures of the rest of the house, but those will come with the next post about moving-in day.  And so this was how our life in Missouri began... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment