Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dollar Hamburgers, College Planning, and Lots of Errands- the Last 3 Days Combined

Monday, we had more repairmen come out for the fridge and for the tile in the bathroom floor.  By the time I got up at 11, the first one had already arrived, and while I was eating breakfast mom told me Lindsay and Scott were coming over in 5 minutes.  I was still in my pjs when they arrived. :/

Mrs. St. John and Courtney were going to be gone for most of the day, so they came over to hang out with us so they didn't have to be alone the whole time.  Lindsay and I played Scrabble and Mastermind, and then made sandwiches for lunch.  The boys came downstairs and set up our Wii and then connected the St. Johns' Wii up so we could all play together.  We challenged each other in games like archery and rowing- boys against girls, and were all up out of our seats and yelling by the end of it.  We had a fun afternoon. :)

Dinner was burgers at Clancy's Irish Pub.  On Mondays and Thursdays they have dollar hamburger nights, and dad had been waiting to go there until we moved up here, so we decided to try it out.  They were actually really good burgers, and we all had a nice time. :)

Tuesday continued in the mostly uneventful pattern of our days, starting with a dog walk and then not much else until the evening.  At 7:30 mom, dad, and I sat down and had a Skype session with Robin Groelle, who will be helping me narrow down a college list and get applications and essays together and everything.  It went really well, and I'm starting to feel a little bit better about the whole process.  I'll feel much better when I have an official list narrowed down so I don't feel like there are so many options to choose from. :)

Wednesday, I was asleep until 1, so nothing productive really happened at all for me. :)  When dad got home, we headed to Triple A for insurance things, and then I stopped at Michael's for some things I had seen on sale for my room.  We ate dinner at Outback together, and then Mom and I stopped in to Pier 1 for a few things, and I helped her pick out dad's anniversary present.  On our way to Game Stop for Ben, the boys wanted to stop at Hobby Lobby for rockets, so while we were there I found a few more creative things for my room.  After Ben looked at some new games at Game Stop, we headed to Dierberg's for some milk and a few other groceries and then headed home.

Since the St. Johns were leaving for their trip today, Ben and I went over to say goodbye and to get instructions for watering their plants for the week.

Since me recounting each of my not-so-extraordinary days in detail is probably not making for the most interesting posts, I'm going to try and get away from that a little more.  I'm also trying to make sure the blog doesn't turn into my spot for spilling all emotions about the move, since that would probably be boring too, and positive things are usually more enjoyable to read, and it is also the Internet...
Anyways, I'll be trying not to make it such a day-by-day from now on, especially since I'm caught up-to-date and also because I don't want blogging to become a chore or anything, since I started it as a fun way to keep in touch with FL friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment