Thursday, July 14, 2011

Indigo Joe's and Groceries

Wednesday, we had planned to go to the Science Center with the St. Johns since their church was having a family day there, but that morning, Scott woke up with pink eye, so we all decided to wait to go until we could all be there.  The afternoon was pretty uneventful.

Dad came home in the mood for a good burger, so we headed to Indigo Joe's for dinner- the same place we had our first official meal.  After dinner, mom and I did grocery shopping at Dierberg's and Schnuck's.  The one down-side to the grocery stores up here is that we can't find everything we want at just one, so we head to Dierberg's for most of the groceries and then to Schnuck's for things like lunchmeat and veggies, since the brands we like are only there.

We're still continuing in our organic shopping, but mom, Ben, and I have all decided one thing we can't switch to is organic yogurt.  We tried Stonyfield Farms, and I didn't think it was too horrible (I had blueberry), but mom and Ben both didn't like the thicker texture.  We have always gotten Yoplait in the past.  The next time we went to the store, I got another Stonyfield, this time chocolate, to decide if I liked it or not.  Mom and Ben got Wallaby yogurt.  Word to the wise: don't ever get Stonyfield chocolate yogurt.  I couldn't even finish the container.  Something about yogurt and chocolate just is not meant to go together.  Mom and Ben didn't like their brand either, so mom had given up at this point and decided to go back to Yoplait.  I, on the other hand, was stupid enough to give the organic one last try, and went for the Stonyfield blueberry again.  It's really not that bad (it must be just certain flavors that are), but if no one else in the family is going to be eating organic yogurt, I'm not going to bother sticking with the kind-of-bland, kind-of-chunky organic Stonyfield yogurt.

Now that you've finished reading about the Moore family yogurt saga, you probably think we're all crazy, but I honestly just typed all that out because A: I have nothing better to do at 12:50 am, and B: the post seemed too short before I added it all in there. :)

Who knew yogurt was so important? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment